Save the Date!!
The Tectonics & Metallogenesis of NE South America
Feb 19-20th 2019, Paramaribo, Suriname
AMIRA International’s P1061A “South American Exploration Initiative (SAXI): The tectonics, architecture and metallogeny of the Proterozoic of northeast South America” project aims to enhance the exploration potential of the Guiana Shield and neighbouring terranes in northeast South America through an integrated program of research and data gathering into its ‘anatomy’. This project will help overcome the fragmentation which comes from a common geology being divided between member states, which has made it difficult for companies to acquire and compile exploration relevant data and information to enable them to develop knowledge-based terrane selection strategies. There is an equally strong commitment to training and training by research to produce the next generation of local industry-aware geoscientists.
Why attend this conference?
This initiative offers a special opportunity for companies, geological surveys, development agencies and researchers to define key future research and training activities that will ultimately provide not only new geological information but also a new geological framework and exploration insights.
- For companies it will provide opportunities to connect with leading researchers undertaking work that will assist in the exploration of a highly prospective but understudied region.
- For researchers this is an opportunity to discuss how modern research methods can be used to improve the perceived prospectivity in the region and to involve their students in a major industry-led initiative.
- For Ministries and Geological Surveys it is an opportunity to showcase their countries and gain insight into the needs of industry.
- For Development agencies this is an opportunity to explore what can be achieved in building capacity within the region when the key stakeholders share a common vision.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Salomon Kroonenberg (Anton de Kom Universiteit van Suriname & University of Utrecht)
- Marc Bardoux (Barrick Gold)
- Jean-Michel Lafon (Universidade Federal do Pará)
- Mark Jessell (University of Western Australia & IRD)
Expressions of interest to present at or attend this conference please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expression of interest: Now
- Full Registration and Submission deadline 15th October 2018
- Acceptance notification and payment fees deadline 1st December 2019
- Conference: Feb 19-20th 2019
Fees (In Australian Dollars)
SAXI Sponsors AU$800
Individual Industry professionals AU$275
Government personnel AU$75
University Personnel AU$75
Online payment and registration: https://tinyurl.com/saxiconf
Payment by bank transfer, download this form: SAXI Registration
The template for both oral and poster presentations available here: blank SAXI-extended-abstract-submission-template
Attendees can obtain a tourist card which can be purchased at the airport upon arrival.
The language of the conference will be English
Special conference rates are available at the Torarica group of hotels:
- Hotel Royal Torarica
- Hotel Torarica
- Eco Resort Inn
Available here: SAXI-IGGC11_sm
- Centre for Exploration Targeting, School of Earth Science, University of Western Australia: Mark Jessell, Sandra Occhipinti, Jean-Paul Bout, Steffen Hagemann, Nicolas Thebaud
- Department of Geology & Mining, Anton de Kom Universiteit van Suriname: Theo Wong, Salomon Kroonenberg
- NH/GMD: Reenuska Mahabier
- UFMG: Lydia Lobato
- CPRM: Evandro Klein